Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday

Today, the buyers from Nemain Marcus came in and Keren and Liz lead them through the showroom. Leading them through the "story" of the collection, it's interesting how just like a piece of art or one of my stories their can't just be an aesthetic component or just a plot there has to be several parts working together. One of Alexander McQueen's strengths as a designer has always been his ability to tell a story. Every collection he did told a story some of them more controversial than the others like one of his first collections in which he addressed the conflict in Northern Ireland through bloody brogue patterns. It is these political collections that first attracted the attention of the art community, and I think that it is this quality that also first attracted me to his collections. Lee was definitively a storyteller embracing both the villainy and the beauty.

Besides my affinity for tissue paper, I think weirdly enough I'm going to bring back a new approach to my own collections.


No comments:

Post a Comment