Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 1: The Arrival

I can't believe it is already 2011. The only New Year's I can remember clearly is 2000, when 10-year-old-me was sitting around in her penguin pajamas waiting for Y2k to implode the world with nuclear missiles and fried cellphones. And, that was more than ten years ago. But what's really more unbelievable is that I am in NYC now, preparing for an internship at Alexander McQueen. My idol since those penguin pajama days.

I start Wednesday, but I got in today from Switzerland and checked into my new humble abode, the Webster. Or, "the Web" as my mom fondly refers to it. She stayed here during some of her co-op programs in college, and now some thirty years later it's my new home. The furniture may not of changed since her visit, but it's perfect for my purposes.... however upon arrival, I've realized I had not packed some crucial items, for example: a towel. Guess tomorrow will be all about the tried and true drip dry method. But, really.

Maybe by wednesday, I'll have it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment