Saturday, January 8, 2011

First Weekend: Egyptomania

It's my first weekend in NY. And, I couldn't help but running straight away to fifth ave and the MET. I absolutely adore the way this city. There is always something to look at. I bounced in and out of small shops along the West Village before taking the Metro to the MET. I decided to spend today in the Egyptian section of the MET. I never really liked mummies before, but after my Art History class last semester, I finally understood the intricacies of the tombs and the urns. Although they are not to my taste, there is something to be said about how elaborate and ornate each piece is. When you think of the craftsmanship that went into each piece it is astounding. Some of the jewelry reminded me of some of the clutches I have been packaging for McQueen with the skulls on top, it's interesting to see how the different generations of artists represent skulls and the symbolism associated with them.

Hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment